Watch this webinar on virtual mockups with M Moser's Design Director, Charlton Hutton, SketchUp's Aaron Dietzen, and Enscape's Roderick Bates.
Mockups are a critical part of the building design and delivery process. They allow a design team to see key building components, exploring ideas through a physical object that can be seen, felt, assembled, and disassembled.
As useful as mockups are, the cost and time associated with building mockups make it a challenge to implement them as frequently as would be ideal. However, with the advent of high-resolution real-time visualization of digital design models, virtual mockups present a much faster and lower-cost method for achieving the same outcome. This is opening up a remarkable opportunity for designers, but only if they leverage visualization technology in the right ways.
This webinar demonstrates how virtual mockups are a viable alternative to traditional physical mockups. It will show the multiple opportunities to use virtual mockups to reduce cost and accelerate the design and construction process on any project, from the largest to the smallest.
- Understand how visualization tools can be used to represent virtual mockups during design, construction, and change management.
- Be able to identify opportunities that are appropriate for the use of virtual mockups and when physical mockups or hybrid physical and digital mockups are required.
- Learn how to use VR tools to interact with mockup visualization for pre-construction coordination.
- Understand the best practices for visualizing mockups for the key project stakeholder groups of internal design teams, contractors, and clients.
- Create a value-based argument for virtual mockups with demonstrated cost savings compared to traditional, physical mockups.